Date balls with coconut + walnuts

Tuesday, October 18, 2016


I've been bringing the kids an after-school snack since Leo began JK to help take a load off their hanger. You know it happens. My kids are exhausted and if you add hunger to that, watch out. I'm lucky to make it home. Most days I bring a smoothy, but Mila really isn't into smoothies so I change it up now and again. Last week I brought these date balls and they were a hit. Here's the rundown:

Date balls with coconut + walnuts
2 cups of organic medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons of camino cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 handful of walnuts (or nut or seed of choice)
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of shredded coconut

How to make them:
1. Put all of the ingredients except the shredded coconut into a food processor and process until everything is incorporated.
2. Put the shredded coconut into a bowl and put aside.
2. Take about a tablespoon of 'dough' at a time and roll into balls.
3. Roll each ball in the shredded coconut.
4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground