My favourite organic red wines

Monday, April 27, 2015




Roche Bastide Cotes Du Rhone AOC Organic (My personal favourite!)

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: organic red wine will not cause bad hangovers (within reason of course....).*

Last year I went to Cellar Door, my favourite Italian restaurant in the area and we ordered a bottle of Roche Bastide, an organic red wine. Over the course of the night, we had about two bottles or so at the table and then went home. I remember thinking that I shouldn't have had as much wine as I did and I was kind of dreading waking up in the morning. But when the morning came, I didn't feel horrible. I had a slight headache, but I rolled out of bed and got on with my day like any other day.

Some time after that night, Mark brought home some Beau's to try on a Friday night. We had a few more than we should have and again, I found myself dreading the morning wake-up. But once again, when I woke up I felt fine.

Then I started to realize that the reason I wasn't getting hangovers was because we were drinking organic wines and beer. According to Wines of Canada, organic wine is wine that has been produced with organically grown grapes and although the wines may contain sulphites, they're naturally occurring as no sulphites are added. Also the organic (unofficial in some cases) label comes with using proper cleaning solutions used to clean the tanks and equipment.

As many know, I'm a huge proponent of buying organic and I had never made the change to drink solely organic wines and beer but I'll make the move to drink more of these in the future. The lack of hangover is worth it!

*This of course is a personal experiment so I can't speak for the hangover level experienced by the mass population.
**I know this post makes it seem like I drink a lot but I assure you these instances are spread out over time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground