My favourite go-to healthy salad dressing

Monday, April 06, 2015


I stopped buying salad dressing years ago when I realized that it's super simple to make healthier versions at home. Like really simple. You likely have olive oil and some type of vinegar in your cupboards and that alone is fantastic. If I'm too lazy to make a proper dressing, I'll just pour a bit of each on my salad and that's it. But my go-to salad dressing is the Everyday House Dressing from the book Ultimate Foods for Ultimate Health. It calls for balsamic vinegar but I've been using apple cider vinegar lately to give it even more of a health boost. (Read about the benefits of apple cider vinegar here).

Everyday Power House Dressing
Adapted from Ultimate Foods for Ultimate Health

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (like Bragg or Eden Organic)
1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey*
1 clove of garlic, chopped**

Mix everything into a container with a lid, shake and use! It's that simple. The recipe in the book says that this will be good in a sealed container in the fridge for a week.

*The dressing is great without the garlic if you don't have it on hand.
**Use raw honey to make this a power house dressing!

Make it! You'll never buy store-bought dressing again.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love all those ingredients and I do love to make homemade dressing. I will have to try this recipe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I've never tried it with apple cider vinegar...thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that does sound good! I'm right into salads these days too so this one is a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum I love homemade dressings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks like a fantastic "go to" I can't wait to give it a try tonight, luckily, I have all the ingredients on hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious. Love a good homemade dressing!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground