2015: The year of yoga

Sunday, January 04, 2015


Photo via Aaron Neifer
Here we are, a few days into 2015.

This year marks 15 years since I graduated university (I think my heart just stopped when I wrote that), it's also the year that Marty McFly traveled to in 1989.

I'm marking 2015 as my year of yoga.

You see I used to do yoga a lot. It was one of my things. I felt amazing after a class and it helped me keep my decrepit back in check. It helped me with breathing (which really helped during labour) and helped to keep me calm. That last one there is what's missing the most right now from my life... that calm factor.

After I had Mila I didn't go to yoga as much. There really is no excuse other than I had two mini kidlets at home and I didn't feel like trekking them up to the gym daycare. I brought them a few times, but I would much rather go to the gym on my own when I'm not constantly thinking of what's going on in the other room. Anyway I stopped going for a while. I still worked out by going to my bootcamp which I love, but yoga is different. It's a beautiful complement to those gruelling bootcamp workouts.

So here marks my resolution or intention or whatever you want to call it for 2015. I vow to go to yoga again. I will make it my thing again and from there I know everything else will fall into place.

What are you doing this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground