Dinner menu this week

Monday, December 01, 2014

A couple weeks ago I started meal planning dinners again and then last week I didn't get around to it. So I'm back at it this week. I'm going to try something different (for me) for the winter: I'm going to stop getting my veggie box for the most part and go to Loblaws to get my groceries. I'm finding Loblaws has really stepped up in their offerings in organic and natural food and at great prices so I'm taking advantage of that for now. (I won't mention what I'm calling Cupcake Island in my Loblaws - they built a new island full of cupcakes, cakes, cookies and chocolates that you see as soon as you walk in the door... what was I talking about again??).

Oh right, my dinner menu. Here's what I came up with for dinner this week:

Monday

Right before I made this tonight I pulled out a bag of what I thought was bulgur but I wasn't sure. I'm pretty good at knowing what most dry grains look like and I thought I had bulgur, but I didn't recognize what was in the bag. I scoured the 'net looking at Google images trying to figure it out. Anyway I took a chance and cooked it and after some trial and error it turned out! I'm still not sure if it's bulgur though! The dish was super yummy. I loved the crunchy roasted almonds and feta!

Tuesday


I have a love/hate relationship with peanuts. I love the taste of them but I've heard they aren't the best things to eat so I tend to avoid them. When I saw this dish however I wanted to try it. 

Wednesday


Leo will probably cry that there are black beans and sweet potato in these and then Mila will copy him by saying the same thing and then she'll shove them in her mouth.

Thursday


Friday



We typically either take take out on the weekend or if I have enough random food leftover from the week I'll make up something new to eat!

What are you eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground