My favourite breakfasts

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I truly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It helps you get set up for what you need to get accomplished. If you don't eat a well-balanced, protein-rich breakfast, you're likely to crash and burn by 10 am (sometimes earlier!).

You may notice a trend in my favourite breakfasts: eggs. Eggs are just one reason I can't be a vegan (the other is cheese!). I love them and eat them almost every day. Here are just a few of my favourite breakfasts involving eggs (ok I threw one in there that doesn't have eggs!)

Kale & feta omelette with salsa and a side of rye toast
I love using leftovers from dinner the night before as a base for my eggs. This breakfast
I had leftover mushroom pilaf with a fried egg.
Oh look, more eggs! Egg on toast with cheese.
My hubby boils a bunch of eggs for the week and sometimes I steal them for my toast.
Add smashed avocado and you have a delish breaky.
The only egg-free breakfast in this post: spelt pancakes with peaches and coconut.
Oh my... my mouth is watering.
I also like to eat yogurt with berries and nuts, oatmeal with berries & nuts, or cut up fruit with nuts and ground flax a la The Thrive Diet.

What is your go-to breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground