What's for lunch? Grilled Pear & Goat Cheese Sandwich with Honey & Chocolate Mint

Friday, July 25, 2014

Grilled Pear & Goat Cheese Sandwich with honey and chocolate mint

There's nothing I like better than a quick lunch and this is it! The best part is that it seems like a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich, but kind of like you're eating dessert.

I've made this sandwich before a few times, but there's an extra little kick in this one: chocolate mint! Our neighbour is growing a ton of it and offered some to me so I snuck a couple leaves in for fun.

By the way, this is kid-approved! I made this sans-mint for Leo and Mila a while back and they loved it.






Recipe: Grilled Pear & Goat Cheese Sandwich with Honey & Chocolate Mint
  • 2 slices of bread (I eat thin rye bread from Dimpflmeier, but thick and crusty French bread would be amazing here)
  • 1.5 oz of goat cheese
  • 4-8 thin slices of pear
  • A drizzle of honey
  • A couple leaves of chocolate mint
  • Oil for grilling
Method
  • Spread goat cheese on both sides of the bread - don't be shy! Use lots!
  • Layer the pear on one slice of bread
  • Drizzle with honey & top with mint
  • Grill!
Notes:
  • If you have it, use coconut oil in your pan. It's super yummy with this sandwich!
  • I used two mint leaves and it was a tad much. I really liked it, but if you just want a taste go with one.
  • I used my cast iron pan, but I've also used my panini press which is fun because you get nice grill marks.

Enjoy and let me know if you make it!
-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground