Easy and delicious immune boosting blueberry muffins (Vegan + Gluten Free)

Friday, November 08, 2013


I remember in high school my best friend Carol worked in the bakery in the local grocery store. She was always making muffins. Big yummy muffins. The muffins she made back then were, I'm sure, not very good for us.

Fast-forward 20 years (ack has it been that long?) and she's still making muffins. But this time they're good for us and they taste damn good too.

Carol put this recipe for muffins on Facebook the other day and I decided to make them with Leo. When I asked where the recipe came from, she said: "It's mine!"I had a feeling it was. So with her permission, I give you her Easy and delicious immune-boosting* blueberry muffins.

Make them. They rock.



EASY AND DELICIOUS IMMUNE-BOOSTING BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (Vegan + Gluten-Free)

Makes 12

Pre-heat oven to 400ºF


1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 tbsp psyllium husk
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cup blueberries
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 cups almond milk

Mix dry ingredients, add in wet ingredients, mix and bake in a muffin pan for 20-25 minutes. (See easy!)

Notes: Use the coconut oil if you have it. If you don't, go get some. It really brings these muffins up a notch and is a huge part of the immune-booster. I didn't have enough maple syrup so I used a combo 
of syrup, honey and brown rice syrup and they were equally delicious.

*So what makes these muffins immune-boosting anyway?
Coconut oil and blueberries have been said to boost immunes and help fight against cold and flu. Read more here and here.

That's it! Happy Friday and have a great weekend eating these up!

5 comments:

  1. These look great! I loooooooooove coconut oil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm famous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUUUM! These sound delicious. And I like the idea of using coconut oil - I've been wanting to incorporate it into my diet more so this is perfectly timed :)

    Pinned for future snacking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I would like to note you can still not just follow a recipe ;)

    Sid and I are making these now but omitting the blueberries and using diced apple instead! His suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:47 PM

    awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground