chair colour?

Monday, July 29, 2013


I have probably mentioned finding these chairs by the side of the road several years ago on the blog, but I can't find the post anywhere. I'm finally getting around to getting them painted hopefully with the gift certificate I won from Rambling Renovators & Paint it Like New last July.

So my question is: What colour should I paint them? I was thinking some sort of navy blue.

Here are some poor pictures I just took of my messy dining room (As Christine always says Just keepin' it real).




Keep in mind the following:

  • I will be moving the plant and the easel and I don't store the vacuum there (although it does add a nice shade of yellow to the room complementing my potted mum)
  • I'd like to flank the chairs on either side of the side table (which I want to eventually redo as well). 
  • My dining chairs are creamy white and I have a bit of red in the room
  • I want to get rid of the ikea shelf on the other side but I have to figure out where to put all of my glasses
  • I don't want black or white!
What do you think? I need this to be good guys - Mark thinks these chairs are a lost cause and I believe in their possibilities!!! Help me out! :)

9 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of red :-) However, for those chairs (don't kill me) I would just DIY the job with spray paint and not use your PILN gift certificate. They do such a fab job and if these are just occasional-use chairs, I would DIY it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - the prob is that my gift cert is only good until the end of this month and I really want to just get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:56 PM

    I'm with you on the navy. Shiny navy blue would look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a bright royal blue?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of a light gray chair with bright royal blue on the interior detail of the back of the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might be the second time this comment posts, but...
    I like the idea of light grey chairs with bright royal blue accents in the interior detail on the backs of the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a two-tone chair Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground