mini project: seat cover

Monday, April 08, 2013

Leo has pretty much graduated from the high chair/booster seat to sitting with us at the table, but he's almost two and a half and of course the little bugger is messy.

Our chairs are leather and easily wipe down, but the the stitching is also white and so to prevent the chairs from getting too gucked-up (that's a word right?) I made a chair cover. Or as I tell Leo, a chair bib.

I bought some oil cloth when I was pregnant with Leo to make cushions for his high chair, but I never got around to it. I had just the right amount (about a yard) to make this cover.



It just slips over the top and since it's oil cloth it cleans up pretty easily.



This took me about 10 minutes to make, even with Leo sitting beside me practically shoving his head into the sewing machine asking 'what's that?' a hundred times.

An added bonus: it has helicopters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground