task list (aka getting sh*t done)

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I get questions now and again about how I get so much stuff done around the house. I have two kids who are 20 months apart, how do I have time to do X?

The honest truth is that I have no idea. Sometimes a weird thing in my brain takes over and when I come to stuff is done - ha! This happened once when I made a slip cover for one of my chairs. I have no idea how I did it, I just know that I was watching Anaconda one Sunday afternoon and by the time the movie was over, I had a new chair cover.

Even though I do tend to get a lot of things done, I'm still not overly efficient with my time (hello Internet time waster!). So a few weeks ago I was excited to discover the Reminders button on my iPhone. Yes I know it's just a task list (and I'm likely the last to know about it), but I'm not really a list maker and this one looked like it would be easy and fun to use.


As I think of things to do in my head, I add them to the list. It could be anything. You can see from my list that I have "Glue bottom to blue cup" (one of Leo's sippy cups needs fixing) so it literally could be anything. When I have five extra minutes, I look at my list and see what can be done in that five minutes. Then I check it off which is the best part!

Anyway I feel way more organized this way for some reason. It helps me feel like I'm accomplishing things throughout the day.

Of course, I could always just take a picture of my chalk board lists too which is what I did this morning on my way to the grocery store ;).


How do you keep things under control? Are you a list maker? Don't you just love checking things off?


Follow me on FacebookTwitter and Instagram (@lealoulemonade)

4 comments:

  1. I think you could guess this about me, but I'll tell you anyhow. I'm big into list making. And I list the most mundane little things on my lists because checking them off feels so satisfying. I'm a fan of making my lists in a little notebook with fine point black pen, but if I had a phone I'd totally be making lists there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do make lists, but half the time I forget to check them. A phone list would be a way to remind me! Wonder if my BB has something like that?
    Followed you over from the Canadian Bloggers FB group.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Susan - I have no idea why actually writing out lists with a pen never really caught on with me but when I did write them now and then I would write things just to cross them off - loved that!

    @Debbie - thanks for the visit! I'm sure BB has something like that! Just have to find it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Under 20 months! Wow, I couldn't imagine that. I've only got one and that's a handful enough! I make a list on my desk (where NOBODY else is allowed to go) and cross off the to-do's... works for me!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground