nursery update: curtains

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Can I tell you how much less I've been on the computer these days? I used to spend at least eight hours a day on the computer for my job etc. plus extras for blogging and blog reading. Now I'm on here probably 30 mins maybe a day if that? It's quite crazy really. That's what taking care of a toddler full time will do I guess! I kind of expected it though. Don't want to be on the computer all day while he's with me.

Anyway - to the nursery. We're getting there! Over the weekend I finished and (Mark) hung the curtains. It makes such a difference to have curtains in there - just fills it up some how.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought a West Elm shower curtain and sliced it in two. Then I bought some yellow fabric to add to the bottom so they were long enough, and then finished the edges. Pretty simple, but I like the impact of the yellow with the grey and white stripes.

I find it tough taking photos of curtains because you're basically taking a picture into the light (I could shut the blinds but I don't like them!), but here's an artsy angled shot for you to get the jist.


Not sure where I'll put that pouf, but I think it'll end up over on the other side of the room by the glider.

Tonight I'm hoping to finish up a few things in the room: a change pad cover I started last night; we also have to change the legs up on the dresser we got from kijiji - it's a bit too high for the change pad; hang some of my diy art and figure out what to put on our shelving unit. Oh and put all the clothes away!

This Sunday is my due date, but honestly I don't think this little gal is coming out any time soon!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Looks great! Like how you used a shower curtain and additional fabric! Good luck in the homestretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love West Elm stripe shower curtain and how you turned it into drapes. I saw similar wide grey-white stripe fabric at Fabricland when they had a clearance event, and I bought all that's left. I am going to use it as drapes too, and gotta figure out what other fabric at the bottom to add length. The fabric is only 58" wide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the panels look fantastic. such a great idea to use a shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground