the resolution post

Monday, January 03, 2011

(image source)

So I'm not really one for making new year's resolutions because I'm a big believer that if you want to make a change, you should do it when the time feels right (most times it's September for me because it used to be a new year of going back to school). That being said, I do like to think of certain things that I would like to do and change in the coming year. So here is my list:

Be more thoughtful: I have SO many thoughtful people around me and I want to be more like them. These people are ALWAYS thinking of other people and go that extra step to make others around them feel special.

Get out with Leo as much as possible: I've already signed up for my yoga class and my bootcamp class which I will do with Leo and as he gets older, I'll look into music classes and more groups where he can interact with other babies his age.

Go for more walks: this will be a tough one in the colder months because I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to cold weather but I would like to get outside as much as possible. Being stuck in the house for so long isn't good! (I say this after my first walk outside in two days)

Get back into sewing: Not sure what I'll sew but I do want to get back into it.

Organize the house: It's already quite organized but it could be better. With all the clothes and toys coming through the house it's more important than ever to keep this place in tip top shape so it doesn't get out of control. I like the 1 thing in/1 thing out mentality -- let's see if I can stick with it.

Create a budget: Mark and I have never been good at keeping a budget but both of us really want to know where our money is being spent. I've spent the last 3 months writing down every single penny we've spent so now it's a matter of creating a budget and sticking to it.

I think it's it for now - quite the list but these are all pretty attainable I think! What are your resolutions this year??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground